Brought to you by Strategic Research Associates
Dr. Stolzoff will:
- Examine what ethnography is and how it differs from other approaches of customer understanding
- Explore the buzz surrounding "customer experience" (CX) and what it mean for the research industry
- Delve into the role that useful analogies, such as the "customer journey," play in generating insights
- Discuss the importance of customer-centricity as an organization mindset that fuels innovation
- Share his experiences doing ethnographic research as a consumer anthropologist including examples drawn from a recent case study with New York Life
Co-Presenter: Norman Stolzoff
Dr. Norman Stolzoff is an expert in the study of culture and consumer behavior with over 15 years of ethnographic research experience. He received a B.A. in anthropology from Stanford University, and a Ph.D. from University of California at Davis in Cultural Anthropology.
Prior to forming Ethnographic Insight, he taught anthropological theory and methods at San FranciscoState University and Bowdoin College. He is the author of the critically acclaimed book Wake the Town and Tell the People: Dancehall Culture in Jamaica. He is a frequent speaker at conferences, universities, bookstores, and on the radio.
Pursuing his interest in the commercial application of anthropology and ethnography to the technology sector, he became a Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Research on Information Technology and Organizations (CRITO) at the University of California, Irvine. At CRITO, he conducted in-depth ethnographic research that examined the adoption, use, and impact of personal computers on households in the U.S, Sweden, and India. (Read Article).
After leaving CRITO, Stolzoff became the Director of Qualitative Research at King, Brown and Partners, a market research firm in the Bay Area where he honed his research skills in technology. He founded Ethnographic Insight in 2001 in response to the tremendous opportunity in the marketplace for ethnographic research.
Dr. Norman Stolzoff has a successful track record in leveraging strategic research for transformative consumer experiences. He has deep expertise in understanding people in the context of everyday life, synthesizing insights, and translating opportunities to stakeholders to ignite passion and activate the innovation roadmap.
1) Meat: Beef Tenderloin – fig & gorgonzola
2) Fish: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
3) Vegetarian: Eggplant Cannelloni
Pasta – olive oil & garlic
Pastry Chef’s Choice