As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for five consecutive years.
UW Continuum College (UWC²) expands the reach of the University of Washington with programs like UW Professional & Continuing Education, International & English Language Programs, Summer Youth and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the UW that meet the needs of various learners at all phases of their lives. We’re focused on removing obstacles to relevant educational opportunities by addressing geographic, financial, length of commitment and time constraints, increasing access to knowledge for more people. As a diverse community that values inclusivity and collaboration, we foster a respectful, supportive workplace where innovation comes to life. By looking ahead and experimenting with new approaches, we’re creating new educational opportunities to help people thrive in a world of change.
UWC² has an outstanding opportunity for an entry level Market Research Analyst to join their Market Research team.
Continuum College's Market Research unit is the University’s only full-service market research functionality. It provides decision support for the University effort to develop professional training and learning programs such as fee-based degree programs, UW Summer Quarter, certificate programs, UW Online Learning, UW International Outreach Program, and single classes serving 55,000 students in a single year.
• Independently design, implement and complete market research projects that meet professional market research standards. In particular, this job requires candidate independently use online survey tool to collect recurring survey data, conduct analysis, generate reports, and communicate both internally and with others outside the organization to distribute reports and answer questions.
• Independently work with research vendor to collect secondary data (government data sources, UWC² contracted vendors, other sources), compile, analyze, and prepare project-based research reports to address business requests pertaining to the use of secondary data, communicate both internally and with others outside the organization to distribute summary statistics, reports, analytics, and answer questions.
• Supervise student research assistants who support primary and secondary research data collection, information preparation, and reporting.
• Support research unit for report archiving, research procedures development, research WIKI update.
• At least one full-year paid professional experience with primary and secondary data collection, evidence-based report development to provide analytical insights to clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Political Science, Public Health, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Education, or other academic areas preparing candidate a solid training background in quantitative research methods.
• Professional experience with both primary and secondary research projects.
• Professional knowledge and experience using online survey tools, programming languages, data analytics and visualization tools, and related applications.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Ability to effectively work on multiple research projects, project management experience.
• Ability to independently distill complex research requirements from a variety of requestors, define tasks, discuss with research director and make actionable research execution plan, and follow through.
• Excellent analytical, communication, writing and documentation skills.
• Professional experience using online survey tools such as Qualtrics.
• Professional experience using SPSS, R or similar statistical applications.
• 1+ year experience working full-time in paid position in professional research firm or similar setting.
• Knowledge of educational institution business rules.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.