GfK, Redmond, WA
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Manager assists in leading and managing multiple quantitative market research projects from the proposal stage through to final report delivery. Specifically, Research Managers are expected to input on design specifications (including sample/weighting construction, questionnaire construction, analysis and reporting plans), manage the project to these specifications, contribute to report findings, and participate in client management.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Research Instrument Design – Assist in the design survey research that will answer business questions and will meet the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction is a must.
- Full Cycle Project Management – Manage the day-to-day aspects for the research program from design and programming through to report analysis and production. Monitor and report out on study performance in terms of schedule, quality, and budgets.
- Data Analysis Planning/Execution – Design and prepare data analysis plans, oversee data checking/tabulations, ensure quality of data, design report visuals.
- Data Interpretation and Reporting – Contribute to the integration of large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations. Participate in research insight discussions with clients.
- Client Management – Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations. Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations to expectations and resolve any issues. Understand and advise on research issues including ad hoc requests as appropriate. Recognize opportunities for new business development.
- Mentor – Demonstrate capability to lead, train, and mentor junior staff.
Experience And Skills
- 4-5 years within the market research industry on either the client or supplier side
- Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience in the technology industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, or social science.
- MBA, Master’s Of Market Research, or Advanced Degree in Social Science – preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!