At The Hartman Group, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the food industry by leading projects to help uncover consumer demand trends and growth opportunities for our national and international clients. We are seeking an experienced research and consulting professional with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, qualitative consumer research expertise and a passion for food culture. Qualified candidates will have strong writing skills as well as project management and client-facing strengths and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment. Experience working in the CPG industry, strategic consulting or marketing research is preferred.
The Hartman Group offers a highly collaborative environment across the organization, with strong emphasis on co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time, 401(k) with company matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, volunteer paid time off, professional development funding and more. This is a full-time, on-site position at our offices in Bellevue, WA, with travel estimated at 25%.
Lead consulting and strategy projects that emphasize a blend of ethnographic research methods, qualitative and cultural analysis and market analytics. Design and/or contribute to project proposals, lead primary consumer research, including fieldwork, and make consultative recommendation to clients while also mentoring skill development of team members in story development, conclusions and recommendations. Provide thought leadership to keep The Hartman Group on the leading edge of consumer culture and actionable insights for food and beverage clients.
As a senior consultant your responsibilities will include:
Insights and Strategy Delivery
- Analysis and synthesis of multiple, complex data sets including primary and secondary research (e.g., qualitative and quantitative consumer data, sales data such as IRI, Nielsen, SPINS, Euromonitor, census and other government data) and ability to work independently to translate data into strategic implications and recommendations to address key client business issues
- Create and deliver strong client deliverables that demonstrate thoughtful analysis and data interpretation via strong written and visual storytelling including research insights, strategic frameworks, and compelling narratives to bring to life opportunities
- Collaborate within a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team and engage in cross-discipline project activities
- Provide analytical and thought leadership and mentoring to project teams
Project Management and Execution
- Accountability for managing projects from start to finish, including partnering across disciplines and departments for a smooth client experience
- Design, plan, and lead studies with a wide range of mixed methods (with emphasis on ethnography, subject matter expert interviews, stakeholder interviews, cultural analysis, secondary research and trends analysis)
- Develop research instruments and planning tools (participant screeners, discussion guides, surveys, analysis plans, etc.)
- Manage timelines, project goals and expectations of key internal/external stakeholders to achieve rapid analytical workflow
Client Management and Satisfaction
- Manage day-to-day client and vendor relations for projects, proactively identifying and addressing needs/risks to drive satisfaction and positive project outcomes
- Confidently lead all client communications from initial kick-off to interim project status updates and final presentation delivery across a variety of phone, webinar and in-person settings
- Actively acquire and demonstrate current knowledge of client business, competitive environment and larger food industry
- Design and facilitate internal and client work sessions/ideations (progressive responsibility)
- Qualitative consumer research experience with emphasis on ethnographic, exploratory and generative research methods, participant observation, focus groups, in-depth interviews, in-home visits, job shadowing, shop-alongs, artifact and cultural analysis and online qualitative research
- Professional or personal expertise in topic areas of Health & Wellness, Sustainability, Food Trends a plus
- Graduate degree in social science (e.g., cultural anthropology, qualitative sociology, social psychology or related field) or business; Ph.D. a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of prior work experience, including consumer research, preferably within the food industry
- Persuasive written and verbal communications to inspire confidence and build/strengthen internal and external relationships
- Evidence of leadership ability (project, thought and people)
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Intellectual curiosity; strong interest in consumer behavior and food industry trends
About the Hartman Group, Inc.
For over 30 years, The Hartman Group has been a recognized thought leader on demand-side trends in the food industry. Our focus is on helping food and beverage clients create business opportunities out of cultural change. Our key services include: portfolio strategy, brand strategy, innovation, market scenarios, trends in food culture and consumer understanding. For more information visit: www.hartman-group.com
Apply at: https://www.hartman-group.com/careers