Consultant, Consumer Insights at The Hartman Group, Inc.
Consultant, Consumer Insights
The Hartman Group, Inc.
At the Hartman Group, you will support our national and international clients and help uncover consumer demand trends and growth opportunities, often impacting the future of the food industry. We are seeking an experienced research professional with strong client-facing and consultative skills, analytical and strategic thinking proficiency, consumer research expertise and an interest in food culture. Qualified candidates will have strong writing and project management skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment. Experience working in the CPG industry, insights-based strategic consulting or marketing research is preferred.
The Hartman Group offers a highly collaborative environment across the organization, with strong emphasis on co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time, 401(k) with company matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, volunteer paid time off, professional development funding and more. Candidates based in the Pacific Northwest are preferred for this full-time position.
In this analytic-driven role you will work across Hartman Groups’ key business areas: Retainer Client Services, Custom Consumer Research and Strategic Consulting. The work will emphasize a blend of ethnographic research methods, qualitative and cultural analysis and quantitative analytics to meet client needs. You will work with clients to ensure their strategic business research objectives are met; you will create client deliverables that integrate Hartman’s vast data sources, secondary research and consumer trends; you will lead and support primary consumer research studies; you will make consultative recommendations to clients; and you will lead story development and conclusions and make consultative recommendations to clients.
Qualified candidates will have proven ability to thrive in a client-centric, highly collaborative work environment where co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth are prioritized.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Insights and Strategy Delivery
- Analysis and synthesis of multiple, complex data sets including primary and secondary research (e.g., qualitative and quantitative consumer data, sales data such as IRI, Nielsen, SPINS, Euromonitor; census and other government data) and ability to work independently to translate data into strategic implications and recommendations to address key client business issues
- Create and deliver strong client deliverables that demonstrate thoughtful analysis and data interpretation via strong written and visual storytelling including research insights, strategic frameworks, and compelling narratives to bring to life opportunities
- Collaborate within a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team and engage in cross-discipline project activities
- Develop facileness with Hartman consulting models and intellectual capital to apply to projects as appropriate
Hybrid work-from-home/work-in-office (Bellevue, WA)
Project Management and Execution
- Comfort working both independently and collaborating within a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team and engaging in cross-discipline project activities, managing multiple ongoing concurrent projects
- Manage timelines, project goals and expectations of key internal/external stakeholders to achieve rapid analytical workflow
- Manage multi-method/multi-phase projects, including landscape and trend reviews with secondary research and data synthesis, stakeholder interviews, qualitative consumer research, analysis and report generation with client recommendations.
- Manage all aspects of qualitative research – respondent screeners, discussion guides, respondent homework and interviewing exercises; conduct in-home interviews and store audits; analyze and report study findings
- Design and facilitate internal and client work sessions/ideations (progressive responsibility)
Client Management and Satisfaction
- Manage day-to-day client and vendor relations for custom research projects or retainer client work, proactively identifying and addressing needs/risks to drive satisfaction and positive project outcomes
- Confidently lead all client communications from initial kick-off to interim project/request status updates and final presentation delivery across a variety of phone, webinar and in-person settings
- Proactively acquire and demonstrate current knowledge of client business, competitive environment, and larger food industry
- Qualitative and/or quantitative consumer research experience
- Professional or personal expertise in topic areas of Health & Wellness, Sustainability, Food Trends a plus
- Training and experience at moderating focus groups or facilitating executive collaborative work-sessions a plus
- Degree in Social Sciences or business degree; Master’s / MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of prior work experience, preferably within the food industry, consumer research or insights-based marketing consulting
- Persuasive written and verbal communications to inspire confidence and build/strengthen internal and external relationships
- Evidence of leadership ability (project, thought and people)
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
About the Hartman Group, Inc.
The Hartman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. To apply, or for more information on the company, please visit: