Data Analyst, Consumer Insights at The Hartman Group, Inc.
Data Analyst, Consumer Insights
The Hartman Group, Inc.
At the Hartman Group, you will support our national and international clients and help uncover consumer demand trends and growth opportunities, often impacting the future of the food industry. We are seeking an experienced research professional with strong client-facing and consultative skills, analytical and strategic thinking proficiency, consumer research expertise and an interest in food culture. Qualified candidates will have strong writing and project management skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment. Experience working in the CPG industry, insights-based strategic consulting or marketing research is preferred.
The Hartman Group offers a highly collaborative environment across the organization, with strong emphasis on co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time, 401(k) with company matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, volunteer paid time off, professional development funding and more. Candidates based in the Pacific Northwest are preferred for this full-time position.
In this analytic-driven role you will use your research experience, strong data management and statistical skills to turn primary and secondary consumer research data into strategic insights and recommendations for clients. Responsibilities include data management and analysis, as well as project management, vendor management for programming and testing consumer surveys, data management, data visualization and report development. In addition to custom survey research, leverage Hartman’s proprietary Eating Occasion database, syndicated study data, US Census microdata, sales data, and other data resources as appropriate for project work and consulting engagements.
Qualified candidates will have proven ability to thrive in a client-centric, highly collaborative work environment where co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth are prioritized.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and execute survey data workflow (review questionnaire programming, monitor fielding, clean and weight data, specify cross-tabs or other data views)
- Design analysis plans to meet client’s business objectives, timing and budget
- Conduct analysis and synthesis of multiple, complex data sets including primary and secondary research (e.g., quantitative and qualitative consumer data, sales data such as IRI or Euromonitor, or census/government data)
- Participate in creation and delivery of strong client deliverables that demonstrate thoughtful analysis and interpretation, with strong written and visual storytelling to convey research insights, strategic frameworks, and compelling narratives to bring to life opportunities
- Develop facileness with Hartman consulting models and intellectual capital to apply to projects as appropriate
Hybrid work-from-home/work-in-office (Bellevue, WA)
- Experience with data preparation and management
- Strong proficiency in either SPSS, R (tidyverse) and/or Stata
- Experience using quantitative analytical techniques such as regression, factor analysis and other advanced data analysis methods
- Professional experience with survey research data and weighting procedures strongly desired
- Proficiency and savvy in data visualization tools a plus, such as Tableau, ggplot, PowerBI or equivalent
- Intellectual curiosity, professional expertise or personal passion in topic areas of Health & Wellness, Sustainability, Food/Culinary Trends a plus
Project Management and Execution
- Comfort working both independently and collaborating within a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team and engaging in cross-discipline project activities, managing multiple ongoing concurrent projects
- Develop research instruments and planning tools (sample design, questionnaire design, data processing and analysis plans, etc.)
- Manage timelines, project goals and expectations of key internal/external stakeholders to achieve rapid analytical workflow
- Perform quality checks throughout the project to ensure accuracy
- Bachelors or graduate degree in analytical or insights-focused fields such as data science, statistics, sociology, economics, or allied field. Master’s degree a plus
- 2+ years of prior work experience in an office or professional setting
- Persuasive written and verbal communications to inspire confidence and build/strengthen internal and external relationships
The Hartman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. To apply, or for more information on the company, please visit: