Director, B2B Qualitative Market Research
About the Director position
Our Strategy team is growing and we’re looking for a Director to join our Human Insights team. The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant, has a passion for tackling big questions, and is eager to help clients understand who their customers are, what they need, and how to connect with them.
As a leader on the Human Insights (qual research) team, you will be responsible for overseeing major client relationships, guiding and leading an on-going series of research and strategy initiatives, growing our business, and mentoring a team. Our team has recently worked on projects that include understanding the usage and satisfaction for a cloud service’s developer tools, exploring the value prop and messaging for enterprise software, and understanding the purchase journey for small and midsize companies when buying regional and national ad campaigns.
This position may be located in any of Known’s offices, or remotely within the United States.
Unfortunately we are not sponsoring employment visas at this time.
Specifically in this role, you will…
- Lead strategic consulting engagements with our B2B IT clients
- Engage, scope, define, and execute qualitative research driven marketing strategy, particularly in the areas of product development and go to market
- Own the end-to-end market research cycle: from study/survey design through report presentation
- Develop and own new client relationships
- Become a go-to thought partner for clients at key accounts
- Generate new business opportunities, represent the Strategy practice in cross-agency pitches, and develop proposals for new and existing clients
- Contribute to the growth and development of the team
- Nurture the growth of more junior team members
- Proactively identify opportunities and own work-streams to drive improvement in team processes, training, and culture
We’re hoping you have…
- 8+ years at one of the following:
- A market research firm in a leadership position
- In a strategy or corporate development role inside a 1000+ employee company
- A B2B technology company (startup or established) in a Product or Strategy role
- An ad agency in a Strategy or Insights role focused on B2B technology clients
- Fluency in talking about strategic B2B problems, interpreting complex, ambiguous concepts and technology applications, and distilling them into crisp narratives
- Experience and a passion for technology and the ability to confidently speak “tech” with Senior Business Decision-makers, ITDMs (IT decision makers), Developers and Engineers
- An ability to produce high-quality, client-ready deliverables on time with minimal review or supervision from others
- Concise, insight-focused writing and a sharp attention to detail
- Moderation experience – in-depth interviews and/or focus groups – and superb communication and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic – you will often work with limited supervision and will be expected to deliver exceptional work
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office & Google Workspace
A bit about the Strategy team…
We like to think we are fun, smart, creative, and insightful … all the stuff every team likes to think about itself, but we’ll let you be the judge. We come from different backgrounds but we’re all fascinated by people and excited by ideas. We love to get into the weeds of everything, hack our way through to something meaningful, and connect the dots to craft stories that move people. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. And ultimately, we relish in the process of making things great (maybe that sounds cheesy… but it’s true).
… and about Known more broadly.
Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.