At the Hartman Group, you will support our national and international clients and help uncover consumer demand trends and growth opportunities, often impacting the future of the food industry. We are seeking a consumer research professional with strong SPSS and data manipulation skills along with proficiency in statistics and data management. Qualified candidates will be experienced in survey research, analytical and strategic thinking, have client-facing and consultative skills, and an interest in food culture. Strong writing and project management skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment are key success factors in this role. Experience working in the CPG industry, insights-based strategic consulting or marketing research is preferred.
The Hartman Group offers a highly collaborative environment across the organization, with strong emphasis on co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time, 401(k) with company matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, volunteer paid time off, professional development funding and more. Candidates based in the Pacific Northwest are preferred for this full-time position.
In this analysis-driven role you will use your quantitative research experience, strong data management and statistical skills to turn primary and secondary research data into strategic insights and recommendations for clients. Responsibilities include consumer survey development, data analysis and management, project management, vendor management for survey programming and testing, data visualization and report development. In addition to custom survey research, you will leverage Hartman’s proprietary Eating Occasion database, syndicated study data, US Census microdata, sales data, and other data resources as appropriate for project work and consulting engagements.
Qualified candidates will have proven ability to thrive in a client-centric, highly collaborative work environment where co-creation, continuous learning and professional growth are prioritized.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Insights and Strategy Delivery
- Design analysis plans to meet client’s business objectives, timing and budget
- Analysis and synthesis of multiple, complex data sets including primary and secondary research (e.g., qualitative and quantitative consumer data, sales data such as IRI, Nielsen, SPINS, Euromonitor, census and other government data)
- Participate in creation and delivery of strong client deliverables that demonstrate thoughtful analysis and data interpretation via strong written and visual storytelling including research insights, strategic frameworks, and compelling narratives to bring to life opportunities
- Become facile with Hartman consulting models and intellectual capital to apply to projects as appropriate
Project Management and Execution
- Comfortable working both independently and collaborating within a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team and engaging in cross-discipline project activities, managing multiple ongoing concurrent projects
- Develop research instruments and planning tools (sample design, questionnaire design, data processing and analysis plans, etc.)
- Manage timelines, project goals and expectations of key internal/external stakeholders to achieve rapid analytical workflow
- Perform quality checks throughout the project to ensure accuracy
Client Management and Satisfaction
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop an understanding of business needs
- Participate in day-to-day client and vendor relations for projects, proactively identifying and addressing needs/risks to drive satisfaction and positive project outcomes
- Participate in presentation of research findings to clients via conference calls or in-person presentations
- Proactively acquire and demonstrate current knowledge of client business, competitive environment and larger food industry
- Experience using quantitative analytical techniques such as regression, factor analysis and other advanced data analysis methods a plus
- Proficiency in using statistical analysis software, including SPSS (preferred), R and/or Stata
- Experience with data preparation and management for survey research
- Proven ability in both speed and accuracy when working with data and analyses
- Proficiency and savvy in data visualization tools a plus, such as Tableau, ggplot, PowerBI or equivalent a plus
- Professional experience with survey research data and weighting procedures strongly desired
- Professional expertise or personal passion in topic areas of Health & Wellness, Sustainability, Food/Culinary Trends a plus
- Bachelors or graduate degree in analytical or insights-focused fields such as data science, statistics, sociology, economics, mathematics or allied field. Master’s degree a plus
- 3+ years of data-centric consumer research work experience, preferably within the food industry, consumer research or insights-based marketing consulting firm
- Persuasive written and verbal communications to inspire confidence and build/strengthen internal and external relationships
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Intellectual curiosity; strong interest in consumer behavior and food industry trends
About the Hartman Group, Inc.
For over 30 years, The Hartman Group has been a recognized thought leader in the food industry. We focus on culture as the pathway for food and beverage companies to understand the broader contexts that create consumer demand in the marketplace and advise some of the world’s largest food and beverage companies on issues of portfolio management, brand renovation, consumer insights and innovation. The Hartman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against based on disability. More information on the company can be viewed online at: www.hartman-group.com