Sr. Market Research Manager
Do you want to learn how market research fuels the biggest brands in the world? Do you want to work alongside and develop with cutting-edge market research practitioners? With a massive expansion in the number of connected devices, data generation, and cloud computing, Azure continues to be a critical driver of growth for Microsoft. As a Research Manager in Microsoft’s Research + Insights team, you will work on a diverse portfolio of research challenges, collaborating with marketers and engineers to determine how Microsoft can expand our commercial cloud business. Come join the market research team that is helping Azure grow and be part of Microsoft’s innovative Research + Insights team!
About the team:
Microsoft’s Research and Insights Team is among the brightest, boldest, most innovative in the world. We are insights professionals with a strong consultative approach who thrive on tackling significant business opportunities and influencing decision makers at all levels. We are intellectually curious, analytical, impact driven, and persistent in sharing our opinions and recommendations. We are passionate about developing ourselves, our careers, and our profession. And above all, we aspire and strive to have an open, inclusive, and transparent culture.
At Microsoft, we are committed to the mission of empowering our customers to realize their full potential. We are motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software, services, and devices to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what’s most important to them. We are equally committed to ensuring our employees have the working environment and the resources to succeed and develop as professionals in their disciplines. We are a team that embraces a hybrid work environment, including remote work.
We are looking for an experienced Market Research professional to leverage and grow their communication, project management, consultation, analytic, and visual storytelling skills to join our Research + Insights team. You will deliver high-impact, actionable insights to the Azure product marketing team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and grow relationships with Azure product marketing teams to translate insights into action and influence decisions aligned with strategic business priorities.
- Frame business needs into research objectives, projects, and programs.
- Design and direct research from inception through delivery and manage a portfolio of work aligned to business objectives.
- Collaborate across the Research + Insights team to leverage a range of tools and data types to complement primary research and bring relevant insights to our stakeholders.
- Work closely with an ecosystem of market research, marketing, consulting, and data analytics agencies
- Explore, innovate, and invent new research approaches with a passionate team of researchers.
- Collaborate across a wide and diverse group of business partners and research teams across Microsoft.
We are looking for candidates that have relevant experience in the areas below. If you don’t think you meet all of these but are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box. We prioritize a growth mindset and focus on impact.
- 5+ years experience in market research data science, marketing, or business-related roles
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, or related field AND 4+ years experience in market research, data science, marketing, or business-related roles
- OR Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, or related field AND 3+ years experience in market research, data science, marketing or business-related roles.
- 3+ years project management experience.
- 2+ years experience working with decision makers to define needs and scope research to answer questions.
- Demonstrable experience designing qualitative and quantitative research, analyzing data, or synthesizing multiple sources (e.g., survey, qualitative, business metrics, social intelligence, analyst reports) to address business questions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual storytelling skills to design research, deliver insights, and impact business decisions.
- Experience working with market research agencies or in a market research agency to design and execute different types of research approaches (qualitative, quantitative, social media analytics, data analytics).
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial (B2B) market research, products, product management, especially among technical or hard to reach audiences (e.g., developers, doctors, government, etc.).
- Demonstrable proficiency with productivity software e.g., Microsoft 365/Office 365, Google Apps/Workspaces); experience with any of these: analytics software (e.g., SPSS, R, SAS), project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project/Planner/Lists, Smartsheet), or business intelligence tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away