Blink Embedded is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to work on a key client account. Our client partner is more start-up than big-company focused on the future of in-store retail. They are a group of entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative leaders with innovation at the core, pushing the state of the art in helping customers shop in richer, faster, and safer ways.
As a Sr. UX Researcher on their team, you will own the development of research and insights that drive the way the organization understands and designs for customers, helping shape what’s next. This individual needs expertise in qualitative research methods and an understanding of quantitative methods (when to use them, working with teammates on them, etc.) UX Research in this space spans customer-facing digital experiences, corporate applications, and associate tools, as well as physical hardware and software-hardware integration.
Please include a portfolio or work sample in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of end-to-end research work you’ve conducted. Please ensure it includes not just final design solutions, but also the story of how you arrived at those design solutions.
**Ideally looking for candidates in Seattle or Greater Seattle Area.
What you will be doing:
- Executing long-term research roadmaps to inform high-level business strategy and goals.
- Defining, inventing, and executing research methods appropriate to the questions and time at hand, from generative to evaluative.
- Successfully navigating challenges including risks, roadblocks, constraints, compliance requirements, technology limitations, and resources.
- Effectively communicating durable insights to partners and decision-makers at all levels of the organization, using writing, presentations, and conversations to build consensus and persuade action aligned to findings.
- Working closely with design, product management, and cross-function teams to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes. Iteratively evaluating these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong, informing and aligning on any trade-offs.
- Collaborating with other researchers to raise the bar for research and align on best practices
- Building durable, broadly scaled insights, points-of-view, and knowledge management tools that are leveraged within the organization.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience in UX research or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working independently.
- Strong portfolio of past work experience and deliverables: demonstrating impact and including generative and evaluative research, and showing track record of managing and executing research efforts from start to finish.
- Broad experience with full range of qualitative research methods.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and flexibility.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills to build trust.
- Experience conducting and incorporating research for physical environments, omnichannel experiences and service design programs, including aspects of human factors.
- Experience conducting and applying research in a global context.
- Experience conducting remote research, using tools such as usertesting.com and dScout.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment.
- Passion for working in environments where navigating ambiguity is the norm.
To apply please go to: https://jobs.lever.co/blinkux/b82ee191-dcd3-4b98-b1ef-3b182003d745
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. This opportunity is with the embedded division of Blink. This division places talented candidates on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink’s largest client partners.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.