WHO WE ARE
You know BarTender software’s customers. They’re the ones pioneering commercial space flight, developing and delivering vaccines to every continent, manufacturing energy-efficient cars, providing clean water to the world, putting wholesome food on your table and groceries in your cart — and they use our software to create the labels, barcodes and RFID that keep their supply chains moving, traceable and safe.
Our global, talented and diverse teams are passionate about what they do and its impact on everyone, everywhere. Join us and help shape the way the world works.
We are headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit https://www.seagullscientific.com/.
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington, under a hybrid work model. Local candidates only, please.
WHO YOU ARE
Do you, love technology? Are you results-focused? Do you want to be part of a growing Marketing organization that has an opportunity to redefine the user experience and technology stack? Do you think outside of the box to propose innovative ideas? If you want to apply all you have learned to help Seagull to connect to our existing and potential customers, we want YOU!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our Web Development Manager role is both a leadership and hands-on position that requires an ability to plan strategically for future objectives, while leading vendors to deliver iterative incremental improvements.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, you will:
- Provide full web and mobile technology stack leadership and vision required to define and drive the implementation and operations of customer-facing technologies.
- Work closely with internal teams and external vendors to deliver results-driven, innovative, and scalable customer facing web solutions.
- Define and maintain the technologies that connect with and engage our customers.
- Define the development standards, technology stack, and platforms that Seagull Scientific and its vendors will use to develop and deliver the best customer experience and drive the best conversion results for the business.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience designing and building web and mobile solutions
- Experience managing 3rd party web development vendors
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional matrix organization
- Strong proactive communication, with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines
- Trust in numbers and leverage data to enhance customer experiences
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal team members and management as well as external vendors
- Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities
- A desire and aptitude to learn and use new technologies
- Track record of delivery with ability to drive an aggressive agenda
- Innovative mindset oriented toward action to move ideas forward and successfully execute and bring them to fruition
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support
- Technical Experience Requirements:
- Full stack system architecture and development
- APIs, .NET, and React
- Umbraco CMS or other major CMS
- Web / Responsive Web / Mobile application development
- Application Performance Management
- Website SEO expertise
- Google Analytics or other major web traffic analytic tools and reporting
- Cloud and SaaS knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree – Math, Computer Science preferred
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Upon hire, you must be able to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities
We are Fair, we are Passionate, we appreciate Excellence and we act as a Team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment, in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. Join a team where your background is valued and respected, and your unique insights and ideas contribute to building a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruiting and employment.