Design Thinking: A Nordstrom Case Study
Join us for an engaging discussion in February featuring Kate Ramsey, Senior Principal UX Design and Strategy, and Angela Sharer, Principal UX Researcher, both from Nordstrom. In this insightful session, they will present a compelling case study that delves into their innovative application of research in the design thinking process. Specifically focusing on the double diamond approach, Kate and Angela will share practical examples and process lessons learned from some of their projects. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights into the intersection of research and design thinking from these experts. Elevate your understanding of design and UX strategy by joining us on February 15th!
Our lunch and meal choices are as follows:
- Cedar Plank Roasted Wild Sockeye Salmon – with seasonal sides
- Ivar’s World-Famous Fish ‘n Chips
- Blackened True Cod Tacos – Spicy blackened Pacific rockfish, cilantro-cabbage slaw, Cajun remoulade, mango salsa,
flour tortillas, house-made tortilla chips, pico de gallo, sour cream drizzle
- 1/2 Pound Newport Pride Beef Cheese Burger – Tillamook cheddar, bistro sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion
- Chicken Saltimboca – Alder grilled chicken, fresh sage, thin sliced prosciutto, smoked mozzarella
roasted pear, lemon-butter sauce
- Grilled Portobello Stack – Alder grilled Portobello mushroom, roasted red pepper, grilled zucchini and yellow squash,
sautéed spinach, House specialty rice, balsamic syrup
Kate Ramsey, Senior Principal UX Design & Strategy, Nordstrom
Kate’s role at Nordstrom is to help the business focus on what’s next by weaving together a future vision that combines customer needs with business strategies. Using insights and learnings she facilitates and guides teams toward an aligned direction that is rooted in customer and employee needs: a launchpad for product and experience innovation and evolution.
Angela Sharer, Principal UX Researcher, Nordstrom
Angela’s role at Nordstrom is to leverage her UX research skills to influence teams and leaders throughout the company. She uses methodologies like diary studies, interviews, and contextual inquiry to discover new insights and opportunities, and triangulates data from varied sources to shape visions for the future.
*If you are a PSRF member, please log in to access the member rate.